I made another ‘hoot’ owl because I saw a friend recently and, as I hadn’t seen her over Christmas, gave her the original one for a belated pressie. I used some fantastic buttons for his eyes and I got them locally in a really dated haberdashery shop. The sort of shop you haven’t seen for years anywhere else but in this (almost) forgotten corner of France, they still lurk. There were boxes and boxes of buttons stacked from floor to ceiling and I could have spent hours in there sifting through them all. Unfortunately, I noticed the other day that she has whitewashed the windows and moved out all the stock. I am hoping it’s only a refurbishment and not a closure – I must stop the car and read the notices in the window. If she does open again I’m going in for a massive button shopping spree.
Dog Collars and Bandanas
- ‘One Day I Will Get Organised’ Maybe – Probably Not and ‘No More Rescue Dogs’ Maybe – Probably Not
- In Case You Care About My Blog
- Redemption of the Dressmaking Kind
- A Liberty Sale? Well, I Had A Good Excuse.
- Fungus Folly
- Crochet Along and Crochet Alone
- Friendship Braid Quilt Complete
- Too Hot?
- Here Be Dragons Drinking Tea
- A Backwards Step
- Out For A Ruby
- A Bit of Tech Talk, A Quilting Capitulation, A Hatbox Hiatus and a Very Special Link
- Just a Couple of Little Projects
- A Little Break and A Lot of Fabric
- Twelve Liberty Hatboxes – or Maybe Only Eleven
Hexagonal Sewing Box Gallery – www.tialys.etsy.com