I made another ‘hoot’ owl because I saw a friend recently and, as I hadn’t seen her over Christmas, gave her the original one for a belated pressie. I used some fantastic buttons for his eyes and I got them locally in a really dated haberdashery shop. The sort of shop you haven’t seen for years anywhere else but in this (almost) forgotten corner of France, they still lurk. There were boxes and boxes of buttons stacked from floor to ceiling and I could have spent hours in there sifting through them all. Unfortunately, I noticed the other day that she has whitewashed the windows and moved out all the stock. I am hoping it’s only a refurbishment and not a closure – I must stop the car and read the notices in the window. If she does open again I’m going in for a massive button shopping spree.
Dog Collars and Bandanas
- Just a Couple of Little Projects
- A Little Break and A Lot of Fabric
- Twelve Liberty Hatboxes – or Maybe Only Eleven
- Call the (Quilt) Police There’s A Mad (Wo)Man Around
- Veg, Fungi and Quilting as I Digress, As Usual
- Hatbox Collection For March
- Is It Mothers’ Day Where You Are?
- How to Eat Vegetables
- The Travelling Sketchbook Comes to France
- Knitting Needles, Crochet hooks and Dodgy Cakes
- More Hatboxes and some Fuzzy Reminiscences
- A Sunday Short
- Am I Hooked Or Just Vaguely Interested?
Hexagonal Sewing Box Gallery – www.tialys.etsy.com