I made another ‘hoot’ owl because I saw a friend recently and, as I hadn’t seen her over Christmas, gave her the original one for a belated pressie. I used some fantastic buttons for his eyes and I got them locally in a really dated haberdashery shop. The sort of shop you haven’t seen for years anywhere else but in this (almost) forgotten corner of France, they still lurk. There were boxes and boxes of buttons stacked from floor to ceiling and I could have spent hours in there sifting through them all. Unfortunately, I noticed the other day that she has whitewashed the windows and moved out all the stock. I am hoping it’s only a refurbishment and not a closure – I must stop the car and read the notices in the window. If she does open again I’m going in for a massive button shopping spree.
Dog Collars and Bandanas
- Could This Be The Start Of Something Big?
- One Swallow Does Not A Summer Make
- Time To Get The Ironing Board Out
- There’s A Mouse In The House
- I’ve Grown Accustomed To Her Face
- The Eastern Jewels Finish – An End to the Ends
- In Which I Attempt To Prove I’m Not a Complete Numpty
- Animal Faces
- From Kimono to Sorbetto to Oh, No!
- Easter Weekend
- Is It Woolly Going To Be A Dog?
- Spontaneous Sewing
- Be More Squirrel (Edited to Contain Warning)
- A Flag for Friday
- More P.J.s – The Pears Pair
Hexagonal Sewing Box Gallery – www.tialys.etsy.com