The Fabulous FARP

Whilst browsing on Etsy, I came across this gorgeous image of a cat sewing herself a little cat suit and, on investigation, discovered a shop called FARP.  A bit of a funny name until you realise it stands for  The Fabulous Animal Rescue Project which “is a global effort to inspire people to reach out and help animals by raising funds for the noble and unwavering animal rescue groups, sanctuaries, and no-kill shelters.”

As no-one is the boss of me on this blog, I decided to have a Sunday Selection this week instead of a Saturday Selection and I want to feature FARP and their lovely shop on Etsy where you can buy beautiful images of all sorts of animals which have been donated by both amateurs and professional artists.  These are then used on greetings cards, magnets, badges and pocket mirrors to raise funds so that more animals can benefit.

FARP takes 80% of every sale and donates it  to the chosen charity of the month or to the rescue group of special listings. The other 20% is used only for supplies to make more stuff, shipping supplies, and to pay for ETSY/PayPal fees.   All of which, I think, seems a very good reason to by some fabulous cards and stocking fillers this festive season.

I know I am so, hands off the catsuit sewing kitty as I’m off to buy it right now!

If you want to read more about the work of the Fantastic Animal Rescue Project, you can visit their blog here

, , , , ,

  1. #1 by Stacey on November 20, 2011 - 17:10

    Thank you so much for sharing our Project on your fantastic blog. On behalf of all the artists involved in the Project and all the animals we have and hope to help, we thank you so very very very much! 😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: