Some time ago, I dug out my wee hexies and started to think about what I would eventually do with them.
The fabric I’m using is a sort of 1940s nursery print with teeny, tiny, ditsy florals and spots and some mini scottie dogs. I had a design idea in mind which would emphasise the childlike element and bought some handwriting practise fabric from Spoonflower.
I started joining those wee hexies into wee flowers.
The perfect substitute for my usual evening telly watching activity of crochet because my house is now full to bursting with blankets of both fabric and yarn.
I started making some hexagons with the handwriting fabric.
But the original design idea has deserted me completely.
I think I had some thoughts about appliquéing the flowers onto background squares of the handwriting fabric but those thoughts are lost in the mists of time.
Something will come to me eventually.