Posts Tagged crochet blanket
The U.K. is having a heatwave and, this time, it seems to be lasting longer than two days.
It’s hot here in my part of France too and in lots of places around the world so I thought I’d give you some alternative tips on keeping cool.
Try not to get angry if ‘somebody’ gets hold of your handmade leather tool roll and decides to re-shape it to their own design.
She was just a bit bored as everybody is too hot to play ball with her.
Let older and wiser ones teach you about the best places to keep cool – even if it means blocking the kitchen doorway.
Don’t bother with the weeding – you wouldn’t want to disturb those wild sweet peas would you?
Try to keep away from anything woolly even, or especially, if wearing shorts – it sticks to hot, bare skin
Take a dip if you can. I should follow my own advice but the water has to be almost bath temperature before I venture in.
Don’t bother cooking – let somebody else get hot and sweaty in the kitchen and admire their handiwork. (BTW this was the most divine buffalo mozzarella I’ve ever tasted).
Don’t panic when it appears your husband might actually have become more dog than human based on his choice of starter.
Stay inside in the shuttered gloom and help write a blog post.
Don’t bother to do any housework – although I would put that in a list of tips for almost anything.
Stay chilled and, of course, you already know to drink plenty of water and all that other much more sensible advice out there.
p.s. I’ve just realised there is a free game to play on this blog post called ‘Spot the Hidden Question Mark’. There are absolutely no prizes at all.
Dog Collars and Bandanas
- ‘One Day I Will Get Organised’ Maybe – Probably Not and ‘No More Rescue Dogs’ Maybe – Probably Not
- In Case You Care About My Blog
- Redemption of the Dressmaking Kind
- A Liberty Sale? Well, I Had A Good Excuse.
- Fungus Folly
- Crochet Along and Crochet Alone
- Friendship Braid Quilt Complete
- Too Hot?
- Here Be Dragons Drinking Tea
- A Backwards Step
- Out For A Ruby
- A Bit of Tech Talk, A Quilting Capitulation, A Hatbox Hiatus and a Very Special Link
- Just a Couple of Little Projects
- A Little Break and A Lot of Fabric
- Twelve Liberty Hatboxes – or Maybe Only Eleven
Hexagonal Sewing Box Gallery – www.tialys.etsy.com